Luella Jonk Counselling
305 Kingston Crescent
Ph: 204 – 771-7650
You are likely reading my profile because you are longing for help in the area of communication. This is the main focus of my practice; helping couples communicate in a way that is from the heart and not their head. You need your ex-partner to understand and hear you – and you want to do the same for your ex-partner. This is when compromise happens and conflict ends.
Before attaining my interdisciplinary PhD from the U of Manitoba, I practised as a registered speech pathologist. In this role, I had the opportunity to teach adults and children how to best communicate as well, but most of these individuals had an underlying pathology. Sometimes when I work with couples, I do not feel my practice is so different than what it was before. I still work on basic communication but instead focus in on conflict resolution.
I am very comfortable working with children because of my previous degree. In my current practice I focus on relationship coaching as well as individual counselling for adults, teens and families. The main focus of my individual work is on building self-worth and regaining a sense of control.
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba, April/May 2019
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Clinical Training with Marisa Peer, London, UK, June 2018
- Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba (CASLPM)