Luella Jonk Consulting
PO Box 23074
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 5S3
I will have been married for 26 years (in 2023) and counselled couples for nearly as long. I am a Gottman Level 3 trained therapist with other accreditations in hypnotherapy and medicine.
The biggest problem I see with couples going through conflict is treating their partner with less respect than a business partner. When you want a business to run smoothly, you provide the level of attention and time it needs, you put supports into place to help eliminate errors, and if a problem does arise, you problem-solve in the moment (which often requires compromise and negotiation) so that a favourable behaviour change is initiated. You realize people are humans and humans make mistakes. Good business spends less time blaming and shaming and far more character-building that focuses on honesty and integrity.
When managing conflict, I help partners remove the emotion and find a fair solution for both parties. I concentrate a lot on the individual’s self-growth and less on the need to be right and prove the other to be wrong.
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba, April/May 2019
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Clinical Training with Marisa Peer, London, UK, June 2018
- Level 3 Trained Gottman Therapist
- Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)